Assertiveness and Self Confidence Free Udemy Course. Assertiveness and self-confidence are comprised of important interpersonal communications skills and traits.
Hello ! Welcome to my course on Assertiveness and Self Confidence. This courses is not just someone lecturing you but rather and opportunity to interact and do exercises together and on your own to really help you understand and learn the great tips and techniques that can help to improve your self confidence and assertiveness. I hope you enjoy it and please leave a review at the end.
Assertiveness and self-confidence are comprised of important interpersonal communications skills and traits that can be learned and practiced. This course will provide you with many tips, techniques, and opportunities to try out your own skills.
Self confidence plays an important role in our everyday lives. Being confident allows us to set and reach our goals. It provides stability when we are faced with a challenge; it gives us that push that helps us overcome difficulties. Self confidence is necessary in our personal and professional lives, as without it one would not be successful in either. It gives us the ability to stand up to face our challenges and to pick ourselves up when we fall.
An assertive person is confident and direct in dealing with others. Assertive communications promote fairness and equality in human interactions, based on a positive sense of respect for self and others. It is the direct communication of a person’s needs, wants, and opinions without punishing, threatening, or putting down another person.
Assertive behavior includes the ability to stand up for a person’s legitimate rights – without violating the rights of others or being overly fearful in the process. A skill that can be learned, assertive behavior is situational specific; meaning different types of assertive behavior can be used in different situations.
Assertive behavior involves three categories of skills; self-affirmation, expressing positive feelings, and expressing negative feelings. Each will be explored during this course.
· Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
· Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
· Explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication
· Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
· Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth — and the use of positive self-talk
· List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
· Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
· Use the STAR model to make your case during a presentation challenge
· Display rapport-building skills through assertive methods of expressing disagreement and consensus-building techniques
· Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations.
Enjoy the course and please feel free to ask any questions through the portal and please leave a review at the end.
- Whether you are young or old, in employment or not, this course will help you become a better you. Learn tips and techniques about assertiveness and self confidence to assist you in your social skills and in your worklife.
Take this course: